Importance of Combination of Fabric and Design
Selection of the Fabric And Design is one of the vital parts in stitching and designing of a garment. The bad approach can lead great disappointment. Luckily, we always have the option for the selection of “right” fabric for any design, and with couple of alterations we can hit the mark.
How to select good fabric for clothes
When beginning any project of stitching (Fabric And Design), we’ll start from one of two approaches: either we just start loving the design and just wanted to get the fabric and start off, or the second case is that we just loved the pattern and wanted to build or find a best pattern. So, it’s basically a best start.
We Zaamtextiles are providing wide variety of Advance wears.
If we have the pattern?
The designs and their structure itself tells that for what sort of fabric it was created for, it’s a sort of specialty. Although there’s no bad in changing the way of stitch, there are no specific policies. All of the properties of the fabrics (its size, dimensions) come to life when the design of the pattern is finalized.
Some common variety of Garment Fabrics (Fabric And Design)
- Cotton voile: a light-weight, semi-sheer material with an excellent drape.
- Cotton lawn: same just like cotton textile, however slightly crisper.
- Rayon challis: sleek and light-weight, drapes very well and is slightly heavier than same other light-weight materials, like cotton voile and cotton lawn.
- Chambray: Another sleek, light-weight selection. However, this one does not drape likewise as rayon challis, cotton voile or cotton lawn.
- Denim: As you most likely already have know how, denim could be a heavy-weight material/fabric with little drape or stretch.
- Double gauze: This distinctive material is virtually 2 layers of gauze woven along. The double layer of material solves the main issue of stitching wear from gauze (the sheerness), whereas holding the great qualities (extremely lightweight and breathable).
- Knit: within the knit material class, you will find many categories from light-weight to medium weight. Knit material is your go-to for any garment that must have an excellent deal of stretch. Patterns are designed for either woven material or knit material, and patterns sized for knit material can typically specify the degree of stretch required within the material.
- Silk: light-weight and delicate, Silk drapes very well. It has a very bright look. Silk are often slippery and difficult to handle it. It makes an excellent lining material.
- Satin: Satin will vary from light-weight to heavyweight, Like silk, it’s a shiny look.
- Linen: Medium-weight, with very little elastic property (hence the wrinkles that linen is famous!). Linen conducts heat all right, that is why it’s a preferred alternative for warm-weather something.
- Wool: There are over two hundred differing types of wool, coming back from forty completely different breeds of sheep, thus you will find all types of selection during this class of material. Wool is very hard-wearing and versatile. It’s additionally warm.
Have nice material? Match your fabric to a garment and begin pattern shopping!
- Pants: Linen (for hotter weather), denim, flannel, and wool
- Upper wear: Cotton voile, rayon challis, double gauze, knit, silk, chambray, cotton lawn, linen, and flannel (for less drapey shirts and blouses)
- Bottom wear: Cotton lawn, rayon challis, denim, knit, and linen
- Dresses: Cotton voile, cotton lawn, rayon challis, double gauze, knit, silk, satin, linen, and wool (for colder weather)